Lookout

Lookout

Friday, October 14, 2011

Rainy Daze.

I sit here, in my office at home, listening to the continuos droplets of rain pelting my roof and wonder if this is some new form of water torture. One trip to the river in the last couple of weeks has left me with a better understanding of just how addicting fly fishing can be. It's not just about the fishing, rather the whole "experience" of getting out, being on the water, enjoying the quiet moments and just appreciating the scenery that might have been otherwise missed.


This beautiful image above leaves me wondering when I will be able to next sneak out for a bit. Is all this moisture foreshadowing what we'll have to look forward to this winter? I don't know about you but I could do without having to have my roof shoveled again.

On the bright side, this could be the opportunity to practice some tying. I'm still waiting for my order of flat lead strips as I found, for certain applications, the lead wire isn't a good weight for me. During my trip to the Housy this week, I did manage to land one fish using a fly that I tied and it really is a pretty cool feeling. Next up will be learning how to tie some Prince Nymphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment