Lookout

Lookout

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A kid in the candy store...

It was with the anticipation of a child at Christmas, that I waited for delivery of my Rock Candy Larva from fly tier Rich Strolis. I have had glimpses of Rich's fly boxes the couple times I had been out fishing with them and they were cool looking. I fished this one particular pattern of his and, it was at that point, I knew I would one day have to tie my own flies.

Friday's mail delivery arrived with my order of Rock Candy and I can't wait to put them into action this week.

Overall, flows on the Farmington are around 1150cfs on the West Branch and around 220cfs below the dam. There is a 50% chance of rain each of the next 3 days with the sun breaking out consistently sometime around Thursday. I'm looking for the first chance I can get to put this guy into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment