Lookout

Lookout

Friday, September 9, 2011

The new honey hole?

This particular spot above the old Hitchcock chair factory smiled on me once again. I'm not sure if it's the possible lack of fishing pressure, the high waters having receded or just plain old dumb luck but this one stretch of water, no more than 100ft long produced some great fishing.


Normally, I find that the Rainbows are very aggressive when taking the lure underneath and that trend continued today. However, several very healthy browns took flies with some serious vigor.


I had been netting a lot of bows lately and, while I shouldn't be, I was getting frustrated by the lack of browns.  In addition to being very aggressive and acrobatic, bows are not overly selective in what they will take for food. Browns, on the other hand, are very picky. I was beginning to think it was me and perhaps my presentation needed more work. Today reaffirmed that the fish are still around after all this high water and my skills continue to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment