Lookout

Lookout

Thursday, September 1, 2011

George Costanza worked at the wrong place.

I'm sure those of us, of a certain age, remember the Seinfeld episode where George was fired from his job for having sex on his desk with the cleaning lady. I can still recall that great scene with George and his boss:

Mr. Lippman: It's come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct? 
George Costanza: Who said that? 
Mr. Lippman: She did. 
George Costanza: [pause] Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorence on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time. 
Mr. Lippman: You're fired! 
George Costanza: Well, you didn't have to say it like that.

Now if George had been a police officer for the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico - that would have been ok.


Apparently, this police officer decided to take the police motto " To Protect and Serve" just one step further. While on duty, the officer in question decided to have carnal relations on the hood of a car. This fine, upstanding city employee was also named Officer of the Year for 2010 and his colleagues called him a "workhorse".

While this situation was not illegal, the matter has been investigated and has been closed finding no legal wrong doing. There may be some disciplinary actions taken but it does not appear our helpful public servant will lose his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment