Lookout

Lookout

Friday, January 20, 2012

Fly Lesson.

Today I spent several hours being properly introduced to the art of fly tying by Rich Strolis. I had the good fortune to fish with Rich a couple times this past year while he was still guiding on the Farmington River. I've spent a small amount of time, this fall / winter, trying to teach myself to tie however, Rich was able to shorten the learning curve on some of the basics for me.  As the old saying goes, "practice makes perfect" and I realized quickly that the most important thing, for me, will be to sit and tie a pattern until I am happy with the outcome and can reproduce that same look time after time.

The following images are a sample of the days work:


Rich's are on the left...
Check out www.myflies.com for a selection of Rich's flies that are available for sale. His blog also has some good instructional videos that are easy to follow...check it out at the link below...

http://northeasternflyfishingperspective.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment