Lookout

Lookout

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Polar Express.

This past weekend, my family joined some of our neighbors for a trip to Essex, CT for an evening trip on The Polar Express. This was my gang's first time on The Polar Express and my usually crazy 6 & 7 year old boys were amazingly reserved. I'm not sure if it was the Elf that was leading our train car in Christmas carols or the visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus, but my guys were really mellow over the course of our 90 minute trip.
Overall, the evening was a lot of fun and all of our kids, 8 kids all under the age of 8, had a great time. For me, the highlight was seeing something like this train ride through the eyes of the children...eyes wide like saucers and mouths hanging wide open at the sight of Santa is what the season is about. We are fortunate to have such a good group of neighbors and a bunch of great kids for our boys to grow up with...

Good friends, good times and good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment